AKCG seeks two enthusiastic, professional and forward-thinking students to join its proactive media relations team from September 2 to December 20, 2019. They will work directly to support AKCG clients in proactive media relations efforts, including supporting media pitching, drafting news releases and articles and assisting in overall client strategy. Additionally, interns may have the opportunity to provide support in the firm’s crisis practice.
The students will also assist in curating and maintaining the agency’s presence and brand voice on social and digital media. They will help plan and track social media content and analyze engagement metrics to proactively identify ways to enhance the agency’s digital presence.
- Gain experience in managing multiple deadlines for numerous clients
- Learn the process of media pitching from start to finish
- Assist with the development of crisis communication materials
- Build a portfolio by writing articles, news releases and media pitches for AKCG clients
- Help develop a strategy for AKCG’s social media accounts
- Learn how to curate and analyze social media content for the agency across multiple platforms
- Contribute ideas to AKCG brainstorming sessions to improve client offerings and internal agency marketing
- Better understand the ins and outs of agency function and operation
- A senior pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in communications, marketing or a related field
- Excellent understanding of proper grammar and AP style
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Interest in (or knowledge of) social media management and digital analytics tracking
- Flexibility to help associates with other projects, as needed
The weekly schedule will accommodate school schedules. Applicants should have availability for 15 in-office hours per week over a 16-week period (September 2 to December 20, 2019).
This internship provides a $3,000 stipend, distributed throughout the course of your tenure. AKCG will also accommodate students in need of course credit.
The AKCG dress code is business casual.
The deadline to apply is August 2, 2019.
No phone calls, please.